Monday, September 21, 2009

It's great to be back in the SWAMP!!!

Game Number 1: UF vs. Southern Charleston
This gigantic new scoreboard was the first improvement we noticed at the season opener. Improvements like this tend to pop up when you win championships.
This was taken at the end of the game when the score was such that fans felt it safe to call it a night. We didn't have nearly that much space for the first three quarters. Kurt bought me the Tim Tebow jersey two years ago for Christmas, but I couldn't wear it last season because I was pregnant, so I'm wearing it every game this year.
The amazing Tim Tebow!!
Game number two: UF vs. Troy
My attire should give you a clue as to the weather. Having grown up near Seattle I thought I had experienced rain in all its forms. That is, until I witnessed my first Florida downpour. Umbrellas are no match for the precipitation down here, so a poncho is a good thing to have on hand throughout the month of August. Our other adult poncho wasn't in the car (I think I forgot to put it back after I used it last) so the only option for Kurt was a kid's size Mickey Mouse poncho which he turned down. After about 30 seconds of rain Kurt was drenched and he really could have used some windshield wipers for his glasses.

Game #3: UF vs. Tennessee
The half time show was pretty creative with the Gainesville blue and orange recycling bins as props. This was a 3:30 rivarly game that we couldn't miss, although the sweltering heat did lead me to wonder about the fans at home cool and comfortable on their couches.

WE'RE UNDEFEATED THUS FAR...


5 comments:

Ingrid said...

Undefeated until October 11th... ;)

Uffens Family said...

Oh how I wish we had an awesome football team to follow...hmmmm...Love your Tebow jersey :)

Ingrid said...

Wish you were coming to Death Valley this weekend!!! ;) Updates, PLEASE!

allison nadauld said...

I wish that swamp was on the other side of the country. The pacific northwest misses you!

Allison said...

Yeah, I am glad to see you are posting again. :) I bet its so much fun to follow a team that actually wins. (dang cougars)

Hope I get to see you again one day!